Thursday, July 17, 2008

No sleep for Mommy

Hard to believe the little nugget is already 17 days old. If I had him on my due date he'd only be 3. Thank God he came early, I can't imagine being in the same spot I was when he was only 3 days old. The pain from healing and the anxiety of going home with a new baby was a bit much! I can't imagine what women who have kids one after the other are thinking. My body needs a few years to recover from the trauma!

Anyway, because of Brendan's bout with jaundice early on we had to get him on a strict 3 hour feeding schedule. Now that he's better we're allowed to let him tell us when he's hungry. So here I was thinking I'd finally be able to get some sleep at night. But no, the little chunky monkey has decided over the last two nights that he wants to eat every 2.5 hours or so. Which means I get no sleep. Woe is me. He's lucky he's so darn easy on the eyes.

We're getting adjusted to life with a newborn. The first two weeks were rough for me. The post birth mutilation pains made getting around difficult. I really wonder why no one ever gave me the lowdown on just how painful the after part would be. I mean, I knew it wouldn't be a walk in the park but man - it was pretty awful. I'm feeling about 95% better at this point so I can actually take the little man on walks around the neighborhood. I am SERIOUSLY out of shape though so our walks are very short. Like 100 feet up the street and back down again. So sad.

Tonight I think I'm going to take him to Daddy's softball game. Hopefully the fresh air will knock him out and I can get some much needed rest!




Brendan is 2 weeks, 3 days old today!

1 comment:

Shannon Stilson said...

We love the photos and the great stories. Thanks for letting me know in advance how horrible the days after are, now I have something to be afraid of. The pictures bring tears of joy. Can't wait to see you both. Love you, Keith and Shannon