Monday, June 29, 2009

Goodbye to babyhood, hello to toddlerhood (OMG)

Today Mommy is home with Brendan. He was up every 30 minutes hysterically crying so none of us got any sleep. Nanny Darlene and I took him to the pediatrician this morning and it turns out he's got yet another ear infection and she wants us to do nebulizer treatments with him again three times a day to clear up all the gunk in his chest. Poor little guy.

Brendan's birthday party was yesterday and even though he wasn't feeling his best, he had a great time. Unlike his mom and dad, Brendan seems to really enjoy being the center of attention. We had the party at the clubhouse where Nanny Darlene lives and had family and a few close friends join us. He wasn't terribly interested in eating his birthday cupcake (surprise, surprise) but he was immensely interested in touching the flames on the candles.

Brendan has been crawling around like crazy, pulling himself up on any and every piece of furniture in the house and cruising like a pro. He's getting braver and braver with the cruising so we're pretty sure he's going to be walking any minute now. His head must be made of lead because he hits it about ten thousand times a day but he's still managed to escape any sort of brain damage. The first three hundred times it happened my heart skipped a beat. But now we just say yay and clap. And don't you know, he face planted into the TV not ten minutes ago, sat up and started clapping for himself. Oh, and I taught him to do a high 5. :)

Tomorrow is the big day, when my little baby turns one year old. I can't even explain the sort of mixed emotions I have about this milestone. I had to stop singing happy birthday at his party because I was choking back tears. I'm about three thousand times more emotional since I had Brendan than I was before, and that's saying something because I've ALWAYS been super emotional. I have this incredible excitement at seeing all the new things Brendan is going to be doing and saying. But I'm going to be sad to say goodbye to "baby" Brendan. On the plus side, we're starting to wean him from formula so at least I can excited at saving a little but of money. (Although the amount of money we're going to spend on band-aids over the next few years probably negates that savings!)

Here are some pictures from his party:

B with Mommy and Daddy


B with Grandma and Nanny


B trying to touch the fire


B with his pretty cousins Emily & Julia



Brendan is one day away from being ONE YEAR OLD today!

No comments: