Saturday, July 11, 2009

Obsessions

We are getting a digital SLR! I've been inspired by some of the blogs I've seen with mommies' pictures of their kiddos. My mom has one and you can totally see the difference between our point and shoot and her SLR, it's like hi-def TV vs regular - just can't compare. So, like everything else, I became slightly obsessed and when I decide I want something I have to have it NOW. Thankfully Kenny agreed because those things aren't cheap. We got a great recommendation from a co-worker's brother, and since it's a refurbished camera it was a steal (well compared to the regular price). So now I just have to wait for it to be delivered...

My other recent obsession is strollers. We have a great full-size one, the Peg Perego Pliko P3. It's been really good to me since we retired the infant seat and Snap n Go 5 months ago. But I wanted to get a lightweight stroller for walks and other adventures where we don't need a full-size one. So, I did some research and decided on the Baby Jogger City Mini in grey and green. It's so purty. I tried to use a 15% off coupon at Babies R Us but apparently Baby Jogger doesn't allow them to discount the price. So I found it at babyage.com with free shipping. It's scheduled to ship today! I'll post a review here after I've used it a few times.

Brendan is a cruising maniac. Still not walking independently but getting around just fine nonetheless. He's not really saying any English words yet but just this morning was speaking in tongues. Not sure what he was saying but it involved some flicking of the tongue so that can't be good.

We've been trying to cut back on TV time because he's becoming a bit obsessed with it. I'll allow 30 minutes in the morning while I dry my hair and get us dressed and then an hour at night. Which is probably a lot for a lot of parents but I'm okay with that. The first morning I didn't turn the TV on right away he kept trying to give me the control so I could turn it on. He does the same thing if he doesn't like the show that's on. First he'll attempt to change it himself and if that doesn't work he'll hand it to me to change the channel. He totally hearts Yo Gabba Gabba. It's baby crack.

We're heading to G'ma Annie and G'pa Charlie's today so I'll try and take some pics with Mom's camera and post them here later.

Brendan is 1 year, 1 week and 3 days old today!

No comments: